Tuesday 24 May 2016

Done deal: Liverpool complete Loris Karius signing




Loris KariusCONFIRMED: Karius will join Liverpool next season
The German keeper has put pen to paper on a five-year deal at Anfield.
Karius, 22, will wear the No1 shirt for Liverpool and has been brought in to put pressure on first-choice stopper Simon Mignolet.
The goalkeeper spent time two years at Manchester City in their youth squad but failed to make an impact in England.
He underwent a medical over the last two days in Liverpool and then completed his move.
Karius becomes Jurgen Klopp’s third signing after the recruitment of Marko Grujic and Joel Matip.
Karius said: “It’s a very good feeling and it’s an honour to play for a club like this.



“They have a special history and the fans are amazing here, so I look forward to playing at Anfield.
“I know a lot about the club from watching them on TV. The history, everybody who plays football knows. There a lot of things in my head when I think of this club.
“I spoke to the manager and I had a good feeling afterwards because he told me what he wants to do with the club and with the players.
“It was a good talk with him and after that I was convinced this was the right decision.”
Klopp is still looking to bring Mario Gotze in from Bayern Munich but there has been no progress on a deal in recent weeks.
Borussia Monchengladbach’s Mahmoud Dahoud is another midfield target as well as Poland international Piotr Zielinski.

No comments:

Post a Comment