Wednesday 4 May 2016

WATCH: Ex-Cirque du Soleil gymnast performs incredible stunts with her kids

A GYMNASTIC mum does some gravity-defying moves with the help of her little ones.


Former Cirque du Soleil star Gasya Akhmetova-Atherton has sent the internet into a frenzy after uploading a number of jaw-dropping Instagram videos.
From handstands to body contortions, the flexible star executes amazing acrobatic tricks involving her two young children.
The Kazakhstan-born beauty is also married to former British gymnast Andrew Atherton so sometimes the whole family get in on the balancing act.
Gasya posted one clip where she balances upside down on one hand while her three-year-old daughter, Kamali, clings to her neck.
Gasya Akhmetova-Atherton
FLEXY FUN: The mum bonds with her kids through crazy stunts


Little Kamali is already showing off her gymnastic talent and Gasya says it won’t be long until one-year-old Kaysen joins in too.
The short videos have gone viral and the proud mum has already amassed nearly 84,500 dedicated followers on Instagram.
Gasya, who lives in New York, said: "I have many years' experience of sports acrobatics so for me to do this trick now is very easy.
"They're both amazing children. Kamali is already showing signs of following our footsteps.
"She loves to dance and will always join me when I'm training. I'm not a pushy mum and try to make everything we do together fun."
Gasya took up the sport at just four-years-old and competed internationally for 13 years.
She joined world-renowned Cirque du Soleil aged 17 and performed with the show until the birth of her second child.
Gasya explained: "I was a natural build for the sport and excelled.
"I trained and competed internationally for my country – the highlight of my career was being number one in my country.
"I was offered a contract to perform on a touring show with Cirque du Soleil's Varekai.
"I loved it so much and did five years in total. Varekai holds a special place in my heart as it is also where I met my husband."
Gasya Akhmetova-AthertonMIND-BENDING: Gasya and her husband Andrew often train with their kids
Back in 2010 Gasya left Varekai to join IRIS, a resident show in the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, Los Angeles.
She said: "My main discipline here was The Bungee Act, where I got to leap, somersault and fly 45ft in the air, above the audiences heads every night.
"It was amazing. I also got to perform my hand-balancing in the 84th Academy Awards."
But for the time being, Gasya is taking a break from performing to foc

No comments:

Post a Comment